B.BUS (Prop), A.A.P.I.
Certified Practising Valuer No 63190
Richard Ford is a Certified Practicing Valuer (A.A.P.I) and holds a Bachelor of Business (Prop) from RMIT. Richard joined Hay Property Group in 2001 and has had over 15 years’ experience in the property valuation industry across many sectors.
Richard undertakes valuations for most property sectors including residential, rural, retail, commercial and industrial. His expertise is sought for range or purposes including, mortgage valuations, compulsory acquisition matters, matrimonial settlements (expert witness), probate and estate settlements, stamp duty, capital gains tax, rental submissions and determinations, rating and taxation objections and pre purchase advice.
Richard has also completed expert valuation reports and appeared successfully on a number of occasions at VCAT and Court Hearings relating to Owners’ Corporation Entitlement and Liability disputes and Common Area Valuations as well as other litigation disputes.
With regard to the Compulsory Acquisition and Easement Acquisition by Negotiation Richard’s recent experience includes acting for both land owners and Authorities on the following projects;
- Origin Energy Stockyard Hill wind farm project (Skipton and Lismore – Western Victoria) – more than 60 Powerline easement acquisitions.
- Bald Hills wind farm project (Tarwin Lower and Leongatha) – more than 130 powerline easement acquisitions Powercor Australia Powerline upgrade (Bendigo, Maiden Gully and Marong) – more than 75 easement valuations.
- Powercor Australia – Powerline Replacement Program – Victorian Government’s Bush Safety Program. Replacement of overhead powerlines with underground cable in bushfire risk areas.
- Easement Acquisition and Negotiation to replace existing overhead lines with underground cable to over 300 properties throughout Victoria.
- Powercor Australia powerline (Axedale in the greater Bendigo region) – more than 45 easement upgrades and realignments.
- Powercor Australia transmission line upgrades (Robinvale and Boundary Bend in North Western Victoria) – 10 powerline easement acquisitions.
- Vic Roads Western Highway duplication (Beaufort to Burrumbeet) – valuations of various rural properties
- Mornington Peninsula Shire roundabout upgrades (Somerville) – road widening acquisitions.
- Vic Roads Outer Metropolitan Ring Road E6 (Tarneit to Diggers Rest) – loss on sale claims.
- Victrack Williams Landing Station upgrade and pedestrian ramp adjacent to Laverton and the Geelong Road Freeway – council land acquisitions for railway station ramp access.
- VicRoads Princes Highway Duplication Winchelsea to Colac – Valuations for Land Acquisitions purposes for road widening. Acting on behalf of land owners.
Richard is recognized for developing strong relationships with clients ensuing sound advice and the best possible outcome is reached.